- This event has passed.
February 10 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm EST
221 E 71st St
The City of New York
Community Board 8 Manhattan
Monday, February 10, 2020 – 6:30PM
Marymount Manhattan College
Regina Peruggi Room
221 East 71st Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
- 1083 Fifth Avenue (between 89th and 90th Streets) - Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District- Jeffrey R. Karp, Ogden Codman LLC, Brian J. Connolly, Architect - Beaux-Arts style townhouse designed by Turner & Kilian and built in 1901-02 with significant alterations by Ogden Codman in 1913-15. Application to install a low wall/railing at the front of the building. THIS ITEM WAS POSTPONED AT THE REQUEST OF THE APPLICANT.
- 26 East 78th Street (between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue) - Metropolitan Museum Historic District Drew Lang, Architect, Lang Architecture – Italian Neo-Grec style row house brownstone built by Silas M. Styles in 1871. Application for interior and façade renovation, rear yard and rooftop additions.
- 1295 Madison Avenue (between 92nd and 93rd Streets & Madison and Park Avenues) - Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District - Julio Magarino, Architect, FORM4 Design Studio –A Neo-Renaissance style hotel building designed by Louis Korn and constructed in 1899-1900. Application to reconfigure and enlarge existing penthouse; reintroduce decorative cornice on primary facades; relocate and upgrade roof-top mechanicals; remove fire escape stair at 2nd and 3rd level; and fill rear exterior court along the east façade.
- 405 East 59th Street (Queensboro Bridge Bridgemarket Space) - Individual Landmark - Michael Leocata, Greenberg Farrow, Architect – Beaux-Arts Bridge style built by Architect Henry Hornbostel and Engineer Gustav Lindenthal between 1901-1908. Application for significant interior and façade renovation to include sidewalk alteration, freight and ADA elevator installation, HVAC systems, interior lighting, bathrooms, access doors, and signage installations.
- 38 East 73rd Street (between Madison and Park Avenues) - Upper East Side Historic District - David Turner, Architect, David Turner Architect, P.C.– Italian Neo-Grec /Queen Anne style rowhouse brownstone built by Charles Rusk & Co. in 1886-1887. Application for legalization of a rear extension built without permits and not visible from any public street or space.
- Old Business
- New Business