The Small Business Committee provides a forum for small business owners, advocates, and community members to discuss the issues and challenges facing small businesses in Community District 8.
Small Business Committee Members:
Bill Angelos and Alida Camp, Co-Chairs
P. Gayle Baron
Small Business Committee Public Members:
Archived Agendas, Minutes and Resolutions
- Click here
- Whether you’re a new business signing a lease on your first space, or you’re working on a lease renewal, the Commercial Lease Assistance Program from NYC Small Business Services, is able to help with free legal assistance. Visit the link or call 888-SBS-4NYC.
- Link.nyc is offering these upcoming promotions in their LinkLocal program: In August, for National Black Small Business Month, black-owned small businesses can advertise free on four nearby kiosks. In October, women-owned small businesses will be able to advertise their business on four neighborhood kiosks. Apply to participate using this LinkNYC form.
- The NYC Small Business Resource Network (SBRN) will extend its programming through 2023. SBRN is a public-private partnership which provides free, one-on-one support, for small businesses recovering from the pandemic—assisting with grant and loan applications, digital tools, accounting and legal services, marketing assistance, and business strategy. August 26, 2022
- NYC Business Quick Start: An interagency effort to make it easier for small businesses to start, operate and grow.
- Commercial Lease Assistance Program: Free legal services to help businesses with commercial lease issues.
- NYC Means Business: Training Your Employees SBS also offers small business owners and employees free training on technology tools and COVID-19 safety through “NYC Means Business: Training Your Employees” to help bridge the digital divide. Zoom and Google Workspace trainings are also available in Spanish and Mandarin.