197-a COMMITTEE/ANDREW HASWELL GREEN PARK (AHG) & 14 HONEY LOCUST PARKS
Community Board 8 has developed a 197-a plan for the AHG site. By creating new waterfront parks at the former heliport site, the city will bring much needed open space to our community. Phase I of the park has been completed. Planning for Phase II has been completed. The Pavilion area of Phase IIa is under construction. It is expected to open in spring 2017. Phase IIb is in the planning and engineering stage. EDC is letting an RFP for a construction manager for the project, which has an anticipated completion date of approximately 2020.
14 Honey Locust park has finally been vacated by DDC. Community Board 8 is working with Parks, DOT and DEP to restore the park.
M. Barry Schneider, Chair
- September 27, 2018 - 197-A Queensboro Bridge Area Committee, joint with the Parks and Recreation Committee
Archived Agendas, Minutes and Resolutions
- Click here
- June 2018 AHG CB8 Presentation
- 03.28.18 East Midtown Greenway 53rd St to 61st St
- 12.07.15 197-A Queensboro Bridge Area Committee September 2015 Update - Andrew Haswell Green Park
- 197-A Plan for the Queensboro Bridge Area