December 17 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm EST
221 E 71st St
The City of New York
Community Board 8 Manhattan
Monday, December 17, 2018 – 6:30PM
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71st Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
- 132 East 71st Street (between Lexington and Park Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District Erin Bartling, Selldorf Architects. Originally a Queen Anne style, now neo-Federal style building designed by F.T. Camp and constructed in 1884-1885. Application is for a number of replacements and installations to the primary façade, rooftop, rear yard, and rear façade. (This item is laid over to January 2019)
- 950 Park Avenue (between East 81st and East 82nd Streets) – Park Avenue Historic District Michael Robarge, Panorama Windows LTD. A Renaissance Revival apartment building designed by J.E.R. Carpenter and constructed in 1919-1920. Application is for a Master Plan for window replacement.
- 4 East 79th Street (between Madison and 5th Avenues) – Metropolitan Museum Historic District Theordore H.M Prudon FAIA, Prudon and Partners. A Beaux-Arts style building originally designed by C.P.H. Gilbert and constructed in 1899-1900. Application is for a new temporary ornamental fence and gate.
- 33 East 93rd Street (between Madison and 5th Avenues) – Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District Arpad Baksa, Arpad Baksa Architect, P.C. A Renaissance Revival style building designed by Gilbert A. Schellenger and constructed in 1889-1890. Application for a new, retractable canvas awning above the entrance door.
- Kaye Playhouse Entrance at Loewe’s Plaza, North Building, Hunter College (East 68th Street, between Lexington and Park Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District Pat Giacalone and Tom Abraham, Elemental Architecture LLC. An International Modern college building designed by Shreve, Lamb & Harmon and constructed in 1938-1941. Application is for limited exterior renovations and door modifications.
- 115 East 75th Street (between Lexington and Park Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District David Tepper, Ennead Architects . Parking garage located at the ground level. Application is to rehabilitate heavily modified ground floor to accommodate new entrances, restore historic window openings and brick detailings, and other installations and replacements.
- Old Business
- New Business
David Helpern and Jane Parshall, Co-Chairs