- This event has passed.
September 2011 – Landmarks Committee
September 19, 2011 @ 6:30 pm EDT
- 3 East 80th Street (between Fifth and Madison Avenues) – Metropolitan Museum Historic District - George Schwarz Architect PLLC - A French Beaux-Arts style residence designed by Welch, Smith, and Provot and built in 1898-99. Application is to legalize the installation of areaway fence, windows, and security grilles in non-compliance with COFA 98-6801.
- 34 East 67th Street – (between Madison and Park Avenues) [The International Wallenberg Foundation] – Upper East Side Historic District - George Schwarz Architect PLLC – A rowhouse built in 1877-78, and altered in the neo-French Classic style in 1910 by S.E. Gage. Application is to install a flagpole and artwork.
- 155 East 72nd Street (between Lexington and Third Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District Extension - A Renaissance Revival/Colonial Revival style apartment building, constructed in 1920s. Application is to replace windows.
- 630 Park Avenue (between 65th and 66th Street) – Upper East Side Historic District - Donata Maselli RA – A Neo-Renaissance apartment building designed by J.E.R. Carpenter and built in 1923-24. Application for enlargement and alterations to existing penthouse apartment.
- 933-943 Madison Avenue (between 74th and 75th Streets) – Upper East Side Historic District - Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP - A group of four rowhouses constructed in 1876 in the neo-grec style and altered in the early 20th Century; 31 East 74th Street (S.M. Styles). A neo-renaissance rowhouse constructed in 1876 and altered in 1896 (Alexander M. Welch); 33 East 74th Street (Grosevenor Atterbury). A neo-Georgian residence constructed in 1901. (Upper East Side Historic District). Application to demolish and construct a new building at 943 Madison Avenue (no-style); to construct rooftop additions on and restore the bases of 933-41 Madison Avenue and 31 and 33 East 74th Streets; to install new storefronts at 933-41 Madison Avenue; and for new construction at the rear of 933 Madison Avenue.
- 75 East 93rd Street aka 1180 Park Avenue – Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District – URS Corporation – A neo-Federal mansion designed by Delano & Aldrich and built in 1917-18. Application is to install telecom antennas.
- 20 East 93rd Street (between Fifth and Madison Avenues) – Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District - Brian E Boyle, AIA – A Romanesque Revival rowhouse constructed in 1892-93 by Walter Reid, Jr. and altered in 1949 by Joseph Schucheim. Application is to alter the entrance, rear façade, and windows.
- Old Business: Continued Discussion of Committee Procedures and Practices.
- New Business
- 40 East 72nd Street (between Madison and Park Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District – A five-story building erected in 1881, and altered in the neo-Classical style in 1928 by Application to add additional floors to the building.
David Liston and Jane Parshall, Co-Chairs