- This event has passed.
April 2017 – Land Use-Full Board Meeting
April 19, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
- Public Session – Those who wish to speak during the Public Session must register to do so by 6:45 pm
- Public Hearing-N 170287 ZCM, 1802-1810 Second Avenue, Block 1556, Lots 1, 2, 3, 5, 51 & 52 C2-8 and R8B Districts, Special Transit Land Use District-Application by Maplewood Senior Living LLC requesting a joint certification by the MTA New York City Transit and the City Planning Commission pursuant to Section 95-041 of the Zoning Resolution as to whether a transit easement volume is required on the zoning lots in connection with a development of a proprietary assisted living facility on Lots 2, 3, 51 and 52. The new building would be a 21-story, Use Group 3 community facility building containing up to approximately 167, 632 square feet of floor area. The Zoning Lot is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and is partially mapped within a C2-8 zoning district and partially mapped within a R8B district and located entirely within the Special Transit Land Use District (Links to application below).
- Public Hearing: BSA Calendar No. 2017-100-BZ, CEQR# 17-BSA-111M, 412 East 90th Street, Block 1569, Lot 35-Application requesting a ZR Sec. 73-19 Special Permit to allow a school use in a C8-4 zoning district and a ZR Sec. 72-21 variance for rear yard waivers to construct a 6-story education and athletic facility on the site of a former garage in a C8-4 district. The application will allow the construction on the site of a new educational and athletic facility for the Spence School.
- Public Hearing: ULURP Application N170187(A)ZRM and C170187 ZSM, Greater East Midtown Proposal Amended-Application includes proposed modifications to the zoning text certified into public review on January 3, 2017 (N170186ZRM). No modifications are proposed for the map amendment portion of the application (C170187ZSM). The application (N170186(A)ZRM) addresses issued raised after certification of the original zoning text application (N170186ZRM), consisting of two modifications to the zoning text that requires additional environmental analysis, the focus of Technical Memorandum 001. These modifications address conditions in which landmarked buildings may prevent development on adjacent sites and circumstances whereby transit easement volumes are deemed necessary on a development site. The application also includes clarifications and modifications to the proposal that do not require additional environmental analysis including minor edits to the proposed text governing height and setback regulations, clarifications regarding the minimum contribution amount associated with the enlargement authorization, and an in-kind above grade improvement provision.
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Minutes
- Manhattan Borough President’s Report
- Elected Officials’ Reports
- Chair’s Report – Jim Clynes
- Committee Reports and Action Items:
- Street Life Committee-Abraham Salcedo, Chair
- Landmarks Committee-David Helpern and Jane Parshall, Co-Chairs
- Transportation Committee-A. Scott Falk and Charles Warren, Co-Chairs
- Parks Committee-Susan Evans and Margaret Price, Co-Chairs
- Health, Seniors and Social Services Committee-David Liston Jackie Ludorf and Barbara Rudder, CoChairs
- Street Fairs Committee-Barbara Chocky and Lorraine Johnson, Co-Chairs
- Housing Committee-Loraine Brown and Ed Hartzog, Co-Chairs
James G. Clynes, Chairman
PDF LINK: Full Board April Agenda
PDF LINK: April Calendar
PDF LINK: April Bulletin