Zoning and Development Committee
Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 6:30 PM
This meeting was conducted via Zoom
MINUTES: May 2023 Zoning and Development Minutes
A livestream of this meeting can be found here.
- Public Presentation by the Manhattan Schoolhouse: A certification to waive the retail frontage requirement, allowing the first floor and cellar to be used as a daycare facility, is being sought by Manhattan Schoolhouse, a private applicant, at 1538 2nd Avenue in Community District 8, Manhattan. This application will be subject to a public hearing held by the Full Board of CB8M at a Land Use Meeting in June.
- Application Materials
- 1538 Second Avenue - Meeting Presentation with Plans
- Upper Yorkville Rezoning: Adam Wald will present his proposal to rezone several blocks in the eastern 90's. The link to his proposal is here.
- Upper Yorkville Rezoning Proposal
- Resolution: Residential Rezoning of C8-4 and M1-4 Lots in CD8
- Billboard on York Ave. between 61/62 Streets: A large billboard has caused concerns to area residents, who asked the Community Board to discuss the issue. The link to photos of the billboard and its permit is here.
- Billboard Photographs and Permit
- Resolution: Billboard on York Avenue, between 61st and 62nd Street
- Old Business
- New Business
Elizabeth Ashby, Anthony Cohn, and Sharon Pope-Marshall, Co-Chairs