The City of New York
Community Board 8 Manhattan
Street Life Committee
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - 6:30PM
New York Blood Center
310 East 67th Street, Conference Room
Minutes: 1219 Street Life Minutes
PLEASE NOTE: The Street Life Committee recommends a Resolution to the full Community Board, which votes on a Resolution to be sent to the appropriate governing agency. These Resolutions are advisory; the decision of the governing agency is binding. Applicants and members of the public who are interested in the issues addressed tonight are invited, but not required to attend the Full Board meeting on Wednesday, December 18, 2019, at the New York Blood Center 310 East 67th Street, Auditorium. Please contact the Board Office for further details.
Applications will only be approved based upon the applicants’ agreement to the following stipulations:
- The applicant will abide by the bicycle guidelines and will ensure that any third party delivery provider that it contracts with shall abide by the bicycle guidelines.
- The applicant will not use electric bikes or contract with third-party delivery providers who utilize electric bikes.
- The applicant will keep the front of the establishment clean.
- The application will be denied if they participate in bar-crawls.
- Renewal Applications to the Department of Consumer Affairs and/or Department of City Planning for a Sidewalk Cafe:
- Old Heidelberg Corp., dba Heidelberg, 1648 Second Avenue (Between 86th and 85th Street) – Renewal Application for a Sidewalk Café – unenclosed – 6 Tables and 12 Chairs
- PQ First Inc, dba Le Pain Quotidien, 1270 First Avenue (Between 68th and 69th Street) – Renewal Application for a Sidewalk Café – Unenclosed – 4 Tables and 8 Chairs
- Harishivji Inc, dba Ashoka, 1718 Second Avenue (Between 89th and 90th Street) - Renewal Application for a Sidewalk Cafe – small unenclosed – 7 Tables and 14 Chairs
- Lenox Room Corp, dba TBar, 1278 First Avenue (Between 68th and 69th Street) – Renewal Application for a Sidewalk Café –unenclosed – 4 Tables and 8 Chairs
- Deadline for Submission: November 15, 2019
- New Applications to the New York State Liquor Authority for Liquor Licenses:
- 1367 First Inc, dba TBD, 1367 First Avenue (Between 73rd and 74th Street) – New Application for a Liquor, Wine, Beer, and Cider License
- Daikanyama NYC LLC, Daikanyama, 1000 Third Avenue (Between 59th and 60th Street) – New Application for a Wine, Beer, and Cider License
- T&J Hospitality Inc, 1589 First Avenue (Between 82nd and 83rd Street) – New Application for a Liquor, Wine, Beer, and Cider License
- 30 Day Waiver Requests:
- Bloomingdales Inc, dba Bloomingdales, 164 East 87th Street (Between Lexington and Third Avenue) – Renewal Application for a Liquor, Wine, Beer, and Cider License
- Layover Applications:
- Naima Corp., dba Pending, 1161 Second Avenue (Between 73rd and 74th Street) – Class Change
- 235 East Cafe Inc., dba Brandy's Piano Bar, 235 East 84th Street (Between Second and Third Avenue) – Class Change
- JGL Restaurant Corp., dba Pending, 1494 First Avenue (Between 77th and 78th Street) – New Application for a Wine, Beer, and Cider License
- Accropol Restaurant Corp, dba Ritz Diner, 1133 First Avenue (Between 62nd and 63rd Street) – Renewal Application for a Sidewalk Café –enclosed – 12 Tables and 32 Chairs
*Indicates business has outdoor space
Abraham Salcedo, Chair