- This event has passed.
October 2014 – Landmarks Committee
October 6, 2014 @ 6:30 pm EDT
- 1010 Park Avenue (between 84th and 85th Streets) [Park Avenue Christian Church & Annex]- Park Avenue Historic District – John H. Beyer, Architect- Church in the gothic revival style designed by Ralph Adams Cram, Bertram Goodhue and Frank Ferguson in 1909. Annex is no-style building originally constructed in 1909 and altered by Merrill & Holmgren in 1963. Application is to demolish the Annex and construct a new building containing Church facilities and apartments on the Annex site and to add a new accessible entrance to the Church on E.85th Street.
- 39 East 72nd Street (Park Avenue and Madison Avenue)-Upper East Side Historic District– Rachel Frigens, Architect- neo-Grec style, designed by Robert B. Lynd and built in 1881-82. Application is for façade work and a rooftop addition.
- 990 Fifth Avenue (at East 80th Street)-Metropolitan Museum Historic District – Christopher Kitterman Architect – An apartment building designed in the neo-classical style by Rosario Candela and constructed in 1926-1927. Proposed work is to alter window openings and replace windows at the 10th and 11th floors at the north secondary façade, which is visible over the roof of the adjacent five-story Beaux Arts style residence to the north at 991 Fifth Avenue, (now HQ of American Irish Historical Society).
- 696 Madison Avenue (between East 62nd and East 63rd Streets)-Upper East Side Historic District-Neo-Grec style, designed by J.H. Valentine and built in 1878-79. Application is to install heaters along sidewalk café on Madison Avenue.
- 111-113 East 73rd Street (between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue)-Upper East Side Historic District-111 East 73rd Street has some Renaissance for and detail, designed by Gordon S. Parker and built in 1922; 113 East 73rd Street has an unknown style, designed by George B. Post & Sons in 1906-08. Application is to replace the facade at 113 East 73 Street and install new windows/doors at street level of the 111 E 73 Street building.
- Old Business
- New Business
David Helpern and Jane Parshall – Co-Chairs, Landmarks Committee