- This event has passed.
March 2012 – Full Board Meeting
March 21, 2012 @ 6:30 pm EDT
- Public Session – Those who wish to speak during the Public Session must register to do so by 6:45 pm
- Public Hearing: BSA Special Order Calendar No. 635-57-BZ, 115 East 69th Street, Block 1404, Lot 8- Application to extend the term of a previously approved variance, which permitted in an existing five story building, in a then R8, now R8B zoning district, the conversion of use of general office use, use group 6, on the cellar, first and second floors of the Subject Premises. In 2002, the board granted a ten year Extension of the Term of the Variance. This application request an additional ten year Extension of the Term of the Variance. There have been no changes in the Subject Premises since the last grant.
- Informational Presentation- Con Edison Gas Conversion Project at the East 74th Street Steam Plant-Con Ed is preparing to convert a steam plant located on E. 74th St. (between FDR Drive & York Ave.) to gas. This project will help improve the overall air quality of the surrounding neighborhood and will involve some street construction work, as well as some internal plant work. The project was originally scheduled to begin in June, but due to a DOT request, the work start date has been moved up to approximately March 19th. DOT is requesting Con Ed complete street construction work by the end of April, so DOT can start a bike path project.
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Minutes
- Manhattan Borough President’s Report
- Elected Official’s Reports
- Chair’s Report – Nick Viest
- District Manager’s Report-Latha Thompson
- Committee Reports and Action Items:
- Budget Committee-Barbara Chocky and Roy Carlin, Co-Chairs
- Transportation Committee-A. Scott Falk and Chuck Warren, Co-Chairs
- Parks Committee-Margaret Price and Barbara Rudder, Co-Chairs
- Environment and Sanitation Committee-David Kleckner and Debbie Teitelbaum, Co-Chairs
- Landmarks Committee-David Helpern and David Liston, Co-Chairs
- Street Fairs Committee-Barbara Chocky and Hedi White, Co-Chairs
- Old Business
- New Business
Nicholas D. Viest, Chair