Landmarks Committee

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Landmarks Committee

April 16 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Marymount Manhattan College      Regina Peruggi Room

221 E 71st St

New York,

NY

10021

United States

Event Detail

PLEASE NOTE: New Start Time - 7 PM

Landmarks Committee
Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:00 PM
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71st Street (Second-Third)
Regina Peruggi Room

 

  1. 944 Park Avenue (SW Corner of Park Avenue and 81th Street)-Upper East Side Historic District. Zaskorksi and Associates, architect-Art Deco-style apartment building, designed by George Pelham and constructed in 1929-30. Application is for the installation of HVAC equipment.
  2. 655 Park Avenue (NE Corner of Park Ave and 68th Street) – Upper East Side Historic District -Georgis & Mirgorodsky, architect-Georgian style apartment building, designed by J.E.R. Carpenter and Mott B. Schmidt and constructed in 1923. Application is to make alterations to roof, involving removal of non-original bulkheads and adding rooftop penthouse additions.
  3. 16 East 84th Street #3 (between Fifth and Madison) –Metropolitan Museum Historic District-Cicognani Kalla, architect-A Neo-Georgian brick townhouse, designed by Clinton & Russel and built in 1899-1900. Application is for the replacement of an existing window in the street façade with a new window that would match the window directly about the fourth floor.
  4. 923 Fifth Avenue #20B (18th Floor): (between 73rd and 74th Streets)-Upper East Side Historic District-Cicognani Kalla, architect-Apartment building designed by Sylvan Bien, and constructed in 1951. Application is for the replacement of all existing windows, replacement of select window sills, enlargement or reduction of select window openings, altered window configuration of select windows, removal of select existing PTAC louvers and repair of masonry, addition of three new masonry openings for new PTAC louvers and one exhaust grille.
  5. 157 E. 70th Street (between Lexington and Third Avenue)-Upper East Side Historic District-Todd Zwigard, architect-Designed pre-1879/Present façade built in 1919 by Herbert R. Mainzer. Application is for replacing the FRP panels at the 2nd and 3rd floors with new glazed vertical thin brick veneer, installation of new bronze entry door surround with raised polished brass house numbers, previously approved (LPC-19-12798) pink granite cobblestone pavers in the areaway have been changed to a checkered pattern as a safety measure for the visually impaired, and changing the previously approved (LPC-19-12798) stainless steel spheres on the new fence extension with solid polished brass spheres.

 

New Business

Discussion of proposed rules amendments at the Landmarks Preservation Commission        

 

Old Business

 

David Helpern and Jane Parshall – Co-Chairs, Landmarks Committee