- This event has passed.
Zoning & Development Committee
July 27, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
- R10-A and R9-X Height Limits – Next Steps
- Community Board 8 has requested that the height limit increases under Zoning for Quality and Affordability be reversed.
- R-10 and C1-9 Height Limits on First Second, Third and York Avenues– Next Steps
- Community Board 8 has requested a height limit of 210 feet for First, Second, Third, and York Avenues; they currently have no height limit.
- Resolution: R-10 and C1-9 210 Foot Height Limits on First, Second, Third, and York Avenues
- Problematic Zoning Tactics – Next Steps
- Several problematic zoning tactics that have enabled excessively tall buildings have been identified. Community Board supports closing all loopholes that permit this.
- Zoning lot manipulation, including dubious mergers and divisions.
- Excessively tall floor-to-floor heights.
- Abuse of floor area exemptions, such as mechanical spaces, voids, and stilts.
- Old Business
- New Business
Elizabeth Ashby and Elaine Walsh, Zoning & Development Committee Co-Chairs