- This event has passed.
September 2012 – Full Board Meeting
September 19, 2012 @ 6:30 pm EDT
- Public Session – Those who wish to speak during the Public Session must register to do so by 6:45 pm
- Public Hearing: BSA Calendar No. 96-00-BZ, 4 East 77th Street, Block 1391, Lot 69-Application for a 10-year extension of the term of the previously granted variance, which expired on August 9, 2010, an extension of time to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy for the subject building that reflects the variance and a waiver of the Board’s Rules of Practice and Procedure to allow this application to be filed after the permitted filing period.
- Public Hearing: 421-a Partial Tax Exemption, 1355 First Avenue - Application for Preliminary Certification of Eligibility for Partial Tax Exemption under Section 421-a of the New York State Real Property Tax Law and 11-245 of the New York City Administrative Code.
- Public Hearing: BSA Calendar No. 160-11-BZ, 42 East 69t Street, Block 1383, Lot 43- Application to enclose the fourth floor roof at the fifth floor, raise the roof of the cellar two feet six inches into the required rear yard; and install an energy efficient gas-fired chiller/heater HVAC system on the roof (the proposed renovation). The proposed renovation does not comply with the height, lot coverage, rear yard setback, and rear yard regulations of ZR 23-633, 24-11, 24-36, 24-552 and 24-591 and therefore, a variance pursuant to Section 72-21 of the Zoning Resolution is required.
- Informational Presentation-CUNY-Memorial Sloan Kettering Project:Presentation of the City’s proposal to dispose of the site at the eastern end of the block between East 73rd Street and East 74th Street. The City proposes to sell the property to the City University of New York (CUNY) and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). CUNY proposes to build a new Hunter College Science and Health Professions Building. MSKCC proposes to build a new ambulatory care center. Land use actions include a disposition of City-owned land, zoning text and map amendments and special permits. ULURP applications will not be submitted for several more months and certification into ULURP is not expected until 1Q 2013, but CEQR requires a public scoping hearing that will occur in November to permit public testimony on the proposed contents of a DEIS. The presentation is being made to assist CB 8 in preparing for the November scoping hearing.
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Adoption of the Minutes
- Manhattan Borough President’s Report
- Elected Official’s Reports
- Chair’s Report – Nick Viest
- Selection of Nominating Committee
- Committee Reports and Action Items:
- Transportation Committee-A. Scott Falk and Chuck Warren, Co-Chairs
- Landmarks Committee-David Helpern and David Liston, Co-Chairs
- Street Life Committee-Nico Minerva and Cos Spagnoletti, Co-Chairs
- Street Fair Committee-Barbara Chocky and Hedi White, Co-Chairs
- Budget Committee- Roy Carlin and Barbara Chocky, Co-Chairs
- Youth and Education Committee- Hattie Quarnstrom and Judith Schneider, Co-Chairs
- Old Business
- New Business
Nicholas Viest, Chair