- This event has passed.
May 2013 – Land Use Committee
May 8, 2013 @ 6:30 pm EDT
- Public Hearing: MSK-Hunter ULURP Application-524-540 East 74th Street, (aka) 525-545 East 73rd Street- ULURP No. C130214 ZMM, C130216 ZSM, C130217 ZSM, C130218 ZSM, C130219 PPM, CEQR No. 13DME003M-Applicaton submitted by Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases (MSK) and City University of New York (CUNY) propose a series of land use actions for the project area that consist of Tax Lot 15, Tax Lot 14 and Tax Lot 39 on Block 1485 in Manhattan. Block 1485 is bounded by East 73rd and East 74th Streets, York Avenue and the FDR Drive on Manhattan Upper East Side. The project area is within Community District 8 and it is currently zoned M3-2. The application seeks the following City Planning Commission actions:
- (1) Approval of the disposition of the development site, a city-owned property to the applicants.
- (2) A zoning map amendment of map 9a of the Zoning Resolution of the City of New York to rezone the development site and a 6-inch wide portion of Lots 14 and 39 from M3-2 to C1-9 and to extend the M1-4 zoning district that exists west of the project area 5 ft. west.
- (3) A zoning text amendment to create a new provision in the ZR Sec. 74-743 (Large-Scale General Development) special permit.
- (4) Special permits for use and bulk modifications and modifications to sign regulations pursuant to ZR Sec. 74-74 (Large-Scale General Development)
- (5) A special permit pursuant to ZR Sec. 13-561 (Accessory off-street parking spaces) to increase the number of permitted accessory parking spaces.
- The rezoning of the development site from M3-2 to C1-9 zoning district would facilitate MSK’s development on the development site of a new ambulatory care center with an accessory parking facility and CUNY’s development of the Hunter College Science and Health Professions Building (CUNY-Hunter Building and together with the MSK Building , the proposed project)
- Old Business
- New Business
Nicholas D. Viest, Chair