« All Events
January 2012 – Full Board Meeting
January 18, 2012 @ 6:30 pm EST
- Public Session – Those who wish to speak during the Public Session must register to do so by 6:45 pm
- Public Hearing: BSA Calendar No. 183-11-BZ; CEQR No. 12-BSA-045M, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied Diseases-1133 York Avenue, Block 1456, Lot 21-Application for bulk variances pursuant to NYC Zoning Resolution Sec.72-21 with respect to the proposed construction on the site of a new Memorial Sloan Kettering Outpatient Surgical Center. The proposed 261 ft tall new building will exceed the maximum floor area permitted for community facility building in a c1-9 district by FAR 1.97; does not provide a rear yard in the interior portion of the zoning lot; does not comply with the maximum height of a front wall and the required front setback regulation applicable in a C1-9 district on both York Avenue and East 61st Street; and does not comply with curb cut and signage regulations.
- Public Hearing: N 120132 ZRY, Zone Green Text Amendment-The Department of City Planning is proposing a city-wide Zone Green Text Amendment to remove zoning barriers to green building features in the City of New York. The proposed text amendment would facilitate retrofitting of existing buildings and construction of new buildings with features that help reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions, generate clean and renewable energy, manage storm water on site, reduce urban heat island effect through vegetation on roofs, and otherwise promote a healthy and green city. This action is not subject to the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP).
- Public Hearing: Ruppert Playground Large Scale Special Permit Modification- Representatives from Ruppert House, the campaign to save Ruppert Playground and NYC Park Advocates are concerned about new development plans and are making the following request: If "Related Companies is to do any development on the current site of Ruppert Playground they would need to make some form of modification to the 1971 Ruppert Brewery Large Scale Development Plan that is still in effect and is non-expiring. Therefore based on the extreme density and lack of open space within the surrounding area, we would ask Community Board 8 strongly recommends that any proposal to modify the Ruppert large-scale special permit to allow the development of the playground (Parcel 4A) be subject to full public review under ULURP. This is consistent with the intent of Section 197-c of the City Charter and will allow the Community Board, Borough President and City Council the opportunity to participate fully in this significant land use determination."
- Adoption of the Minutes
- Manhattan Borough President’s Report
- Elected Official’s Reports
- Chair’s Report – Nick Viest
- District Manager’s Report-Latha Thompson
- Committee Reports and Action Items:
- Transportation Committee-Chuck Warren, Chair
- Parks Committee-Margaret Price and Barbara Rudder, Co-Chairs
- Landmarks Committee-David Liston and Jane Parshall, Co-Chairs
- Street Life Committee-Cos Spagnoletti and Nicholas Viest, Co-Chairs
- Old Business
- New Business
Nicholas D. Viest, Chair