Landmarks Committee

Meeting Date: 
Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:30pm
Meeting Location: 
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71st Street (Second-Third), Regina Peruggi Room
New York, NY

  

  1. 150 East 73rd Street aka 1009-1017 Lexington Avenue - Upper East Side Historic District Extension - Panorama Windows, Ltd. – A Colonial Revival style apartment building designed by Cross & Cross and built in 1922-23.  Application is to replace windows.
  2. 789 Madison Avenue (at 67th Street) – Upper East Side Historic District - Rebecca Vulic and Philip Rosenzweig, Architects – An Italianate/neo-Grec style residence designed by F.S. Barus in 1871 and altered by Albro & Lindeberg in 1909 with some neo-classical elements.  Application is to modify the storefront.
  3. 45 East 74th Street (between Madison and Park Avenues) – Upper East Side Historic District - The Office of Joseph Pell Lombardi, Architect – A Queen Anne style residence designed by James E. Ware in 1879 and altered by Sidney & Gerald M. Daub in 1957.  Application is to alter the front façade cornice, the addition of a non-visible, rooftop dehumidification unit, and clarification of the rear facade.
  4. 815 Fifth Avenue (between 62nd and 63rd Streets) – Upper East Side Historic District - T.P. Greer Architects, LLC – An Italianate style residence designed by Samuel A. Warner in 1870-71 and altered by Murgatroyd & Ogden in 1923.  Application is to reconstruct the entire building façade.
  5. 20 East 64th Street (between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue) - Upper East Side Historic District - David H. Abelow, Architect - A Neo-French Renaissance residence designed by D. & J. Jardine and built in 1878-79 and altered by Harry Allan Jacobs in 1920-21. Application is to alter rear façade, create a new sub-cellar level, replace windows, and construct new bulkhead at roof.
  6. 737 Park Avenue (between 71st and 72nd Streets) - Upper East Side Historic District - Malay Shah, Architect and Michael F. Doyle, Architect - A Classicizing Art-Deco style apartment building built in 1940 and designed by Sylvan Bien. Application is to regroup and create new window openings on 17-PH floors.
  7. New Business/Old Business

   David Helpern and David G. Liston, Co-Chairs 

Minutes Attachment: